Aug 16, 2012

Chicago to Dublin to Wicklow to Waterford...

I keep forgetting to blog about my recent trip to Ireland, I've been so busy! Here's a quick peek from my first 2 days there, along with the moon over Chicago as we were leaving :)


The view from my friend Heli's house in Delgany, Co. Wicklow. I couldn't find her [hidden] house, so the local butchers let me use their phone to call her. I then mistakenly called my friend Ruth from Limerick (who was actually in Kildare when I called), thinking it was Heli and we spent the next 5 minutes on the phone in total confusion, her wondering why I would be looking for her in Wicklow! I bought some Thai chili sauce from the butchers for being so kind and left them looking totally bewildered as to what just happened. Still not sure how they didn't know my friend,  the only modelesque Finnish girl in town!


On a walk with a whole crew in Bunmahon, Co. Waterford...there's lots more to this story, I'll make sure to post about it later! (involves me wearing a pair of mens shoes and a mountain rescue mission...type of thing that always happens when I visit).


My friends at The Art Hand have the coolest modern house. This is our fabulous dinner that Miranda, the lady of the house, cooked for us our first night...it was so divine I had to take a pic :)


My friend Bonzie's studio in Waterford City, pretty much the dreamiest little shop in the universe...


Looking out from Bonzie's shop...this is a fraction of the cats that come out from beyond the park gates everyday to get their meals, thanks to the nice lady that lives in the alley...


Geoff's Bar in Waterford has an amazing old atmosphere, the dark woodwork inside is a million years old and their food is really fantastic. Had a nice mellow night with some of my girlfriends here and liked it so much, we went back the next day for lunch...


having my Red Lemonade inside Geoff's...


Walking down to visit Agnes at Vintage Trig... you can find my handmade jewelry in her shop :) Along with the best vintage clothing selection in Waterford!


No comments:

Followers